'Nother week, 'nother powerpoll. As always check Garnet and Black Attack for the results. Feel free to tell me where I got it wrong too.
1. Kentucky- There's not too much to add about the Wildcats, though they do seem to have improved a lot on the road from last season to this season. Like most good teams, their tougher games are after the Superbowl when the ratings will be higher. We shouldn't see any losses until then.
2. Vanderbilt- Although not an SEC win, a win over Middle Tennessee State is a good way to keep momentum going. Early in the season, I doubt that the 'Dores would have won that game, but they've stepped up since then.
3. Florida- A sweep of the Mississippi teams moves UF into a tie with Vanderbilt for second place. With 4 games against the above teams, don't count out the Gators just yet.
4. Mississippi State- A tough loss to Florida on the road might move them out of the top 20 nationally, but they will probably climb back into the top 20 as they have 3 home games in a row coming next.
5. Mississippi- There's not really another team that can make a legitimate claim to this spot with a .500 or worse SEC record.
6. Alabama- Somehow, after giving South Carolina their first SEC win, the Tide stays in the top half of the powerpoll. It's really only because they beat Arkansas in the head to head match up.
7. Arkansas- The Hogs have been up and down, but are settling into the middle of the SEC standings. I think after Marshawn Powell's injury it could have been a lot worse.
8. Tennessee- Despite being a sub .500 team, I think they are better than their record with Jarnell Stokes in the lineup. I don't think they are top 15 like Cuonzo Martin said, or even top 50 for that matter. They are still improved.
9. LSU- The Tigers are through the tough stretch in the schedule, but don't have anything to show for it. Things could spiral out of control if they don't get a win over Arkansas.
10. Auburn- The other Tigers are at 10 based on the loss head to head to LSU last week. I still think they will spoil a game for someone though.
11. South Carolina- The Gamecocks move up to 11th after a win over Alabama. Hooray!
12. Georgia- The Bulldogs now share the last place spot with South Carolina, and a spot at the bottom of the powerpoll should reflect that.