Beth Hall-USA TODAY Sports
The offseason can be a quiet time for a football-focused guy like myself, but why let that stop me?
1. As previously discussed, one of the ways the Clemson offense offers a slightly different challenge for LSU is their use of a more man-focused blocking scheme with variety of motion blocks -- pulls, traps, etc...Here is a great primer on the mechanics of some of it, via the great Dr.B of Shakin' the Southland. Barkevious Mingo, in particular, can be vulnerable to trap blocks at times.
2. To our Florida readers, a quick FYI -- bowl tickets as stocking stuffers. $14 for MACtion versus Jimbo and the Chokers? That's value right there. Hell, you can get at least three Gator Bowl tickets for the price of a Raising Canes Chicken Finger box.
3. This didn't get nearly enough play last week, but every LSU fan should feel good about it. Stanley Roberts finally got his degree, some 30 years later. It's been a long, hard road for the big man, but you have to appreciate the way he's tried to overcome all his demons. Jim Kleinpeter had a great piece on his journey at Nola.com.
4. This week's recipe post will have more of a holiday cocktail feel to it, but while we're here and talking, are there any things in particular y'all are interested in seeing?
5. In closing, here's a 24-minute compilation of Stone Cold Stunners. Just because. (h/t to Cageside Seats)