1 cup diced strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry syrup
24 fresh, large strawberries
1 3-5 pound pork loin
2 tbsp minced onions
1 tbsp minced celery
2 tbsp very thinly sliced green onions
2-3 slices bacon (feel free to be liberal in this regard, because BACON), well diced
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
2 cups beef stock
1 sprig rosemary
Salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375. In a large mixing bowl combine the sliced strawberries, bacon, salt, pepper and minced onions, green onions and celery and mix well.
2. Take pork loin and, using a paring knife, cut 10 slits and form little pockets. Stuff with the above seasoning mixture.
3. Place pork loin in an appropriately sized Dutch oven or roasting pan. Arrange the onions, peppers, celery and strawberries around it, along with whatever seasoning mix remains.
4. Drizzle the pork loin with the butter and strawberry syrup, and then pour the beef stock into the pot/pan. Season with salt, pepper, hot sauce and rosemary leaves.
5. Cover the pan and roast for an hour to an hour-and-a-half. Remove from pan, slice and serve with the sauce formed in the pan. Might not be a bad idea to uncover and run it under the broiler for a couple minutes to get a little more color/crust on top, but that's up to you. Serves 6-8.