1 3-5 pound pork roast (preferably Boston Butt)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1 orange, halved
1 large onion, chopped
2 hot peppers (I went with 1 jalapeno and 1 poblano), seeded and chopped
A couple handfuls of dried arbol chiles
1. Wash the roast well and pat dry with paper towels. Cut some slits/pockets into the roast and stuff with the arbol chiles.
2. In a small bowl, place the oregano and cumin, add the olive oil and combine well.
3. Poor the olive oil mixture over the roast and rub in well.
4. Place in the crock pot, and top with the onions and peppers.
5. Juice the orange over the mixture, then add to the pot.
6. Zest the limes into the mixture, then half, juice and add them to the pot.
7. Cook on low for at least 10 hours, or until the roast shreds easily with a pair of forks.
This pulled pork can be used in any number of different tortilla dishes: tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc...keep it moist with the gravy formed in the pot.