1. We definitely don't talk about women's sports enough on this site (something we're working to remedy), but Lady Tigers basketball deserves some ink. After taking their lumps with a young team early, they're getting hot at the right time as the SEC tournament approaches. They've won six in a row, including upsets of ranked Kentucky and Texas A&M. Freshman Danielle Ballard just picked up her fifth league freshman of the week honor as well.
2. As some of y'all may or may not know, the LSU System is undergoing a transition and reorganization away from its current incarnation, with President William Jenkins leading a Transition Advisory Team that is eyeing how other university systems from around the country have organized themselves. Tomorrow, the team will meet with famous Ohio State President E. Gordon Gee to discuss how this process unfolded for that university's system. For those interested, you can watch a live stream of the meeting, which will begin at 5:30 and run until 9:30, here.
3. In LSU-in-the-NFL news, Dwayne Bowe agreed to a new deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, meaning he'll be on board for year one of whatever it is Andy Reid plans on trying to do with Alex Smith. No word on what the team plans to do with unrestricted free agent Glenn Dorsey. He's been playing out of position for years, and really needs to move on to somewhere that will use him in his natural position of three-tech defensive tackle.
4. NFL Draft: SBNation's latest mock projection currently has Barkevious Mingo going second overall to the Jacksonville Jaguars (a fate I wouldn't even wish on the likes of A.J. McCarron...okay, that's a lie), with the Saints snagging combine workout freak Jamie Collins of Southern Miss. I plan on delving more into this as we get closer to April, but I'm not sure going that high is a good thing for a player like Mingo. He still has a lot of rough edges to smooth out, and a pick that high will be expected to star right away.
5. A little youtube Tiger goodness