We never left.
Maybe it's because I'm a seasoned veteran of the LSU Tarp Crew, but the rain wasn't even that bad. I have a Lifeproof on my phone and I didn't have any cash in my wallet, so I was ready. When we saw the crowd at the bottom thin out (despite my efforts we got to the game late), we took it as our opportunity to upgrade our seating for the game. About that.
While it sucks that we couldn't get this game in and I understand what it's going to cost us, on the field and off, I...actually had a lot of fun. I mean, rain? In Tiger Stadium? What is this, a crossover episode? In the past I've ripped on the student section, but they actually showed up for the game and stayed through the rain, and man did we have fun. In the five hour span from the team running off of the field to the news slowly spreading that it wasn't happening, the following occurred in the student section:
- We had 80's greatest hits karaoke night
- Had a dance off (and some dude and his girl kept dancing for the entire remainder of the rain delay. That is the real #relationshipgoals)
- Went slip and sliding on the bleachers
- Threw a Nerf football across the student section, erupting with every completion. Insert your own LSU QB joke here
- About a dozen "We Want Football" chants
- Gave a rousing ovation to the idiot who stormed the field, because that was the last good thing he will hear in a long time.
- Watched A&M/Arizona State on the big screen
- I did an interview with Tiger TV
- Cheered the game marshall on as he
played soccerstruggled to receive an errant beach ball
- Rubbed elbows with F, King Alexander
- Got told to "hang loose" by Les Miles
- Drowned out the McNeese State band
Props to the student section who's stuck this out, now whipping and ney-ney'ing #firsttimetowritethat— Michael Cauble (@MichaelCauble) September 6, 2015
#Lsu student section (all 50 of them) just sang the alma mater.— chelsea brasted (@cabrasted) September 6, 2015