Coach O starts off with a few kind words for Y.A. Tittle, the LSU and NFL great who passed away last night. O goes over the positives from Saturday, 0 turnovers, having three true freshman and a red shirt freshman on the O line at the same time and moving down the field, the enthusiasm on the sideline. Defense needs to work on tackling. After some platitudes for Auburn (“Derrick Brown, a guy I tried to recruit, a mountain of a man, is going to be a first-round draft pick, very disruptive”) it’s on to questions.
- Proud of Christian LaCouture’s performance this week, played every snap. Frank Heron returns from suspension this week and will make a 3 man DE rotation with LaCouture and Arden Key.
- No comment on Russell Gage getting slapped in the face, they are waiting on the league to handle it.
- Says the issue the freshmen who have been called to play so far have issues with technique more than physicality. It’s just going to take practice time to get it right.
- Toby Weathersby and KJ Malone are both questionable. Guice has a “nagging” injury, but is improving. Rashard Lawrence and John Battle will be limited in practice this week.
- Dave Aranda spent all of Sunday night cutting up film of every missed tackled this week, they’ll emphasize it this week.
- O wouldn’t say that this was the “Big Game Win” Danny Etling has been working toward, but he praised his toughness and how he fought through pain on Saturday and didn’t tell anyone.
- On Donte Jackson and the nickel position:
I thought Donte played his best game. He was all over the place. He played aggressive. He played physical. He was in the office today smiling, couldn't wait for this week. I thought Kevin Toliver played his best game. Not a great game but his best game so far this year.
As we know, Greedy is very solid. That's a combination that we can use. It gives us more experience on the field. It gives time for Kary Vincent to grow in both the nickel and corner position. Doesn't put as much pressure on him.
- On crossing paths with Auburn DC Kevin Steele over his career:
I knew Kevin in recruiting. I remember one night we were at -- I was at a Tallahassee Jamboree in the spring. And one of my deals was I was not going to -- I was going to be the last recruiter to walk off the field.
And it was midnight. And he wouldn't walk off the field. Neither would I. And the sprinklers came on. I said, "Man, let's go." He goes, "Yeah, let's go."
- Coach O is certain that Derrick Dillon didn’t get the targeting hit on purpose, though he agrees with the call.
- O would not comment on the FG kicking competition
Football Legend, Hall of Famer Y.A. Tittle Dies, 90 - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics
BATON ROUGE -- Four-time LSU Football letterwinner, Professional Football Hall of Famer and 1963 NFL MVP Yelberton "Y.A." Tittle Jr. died Sunday night at Stanford Hospital near his home in Atherton, Calif.
'Gold Game' to Kickoff at 2:30 p.m. CT on CBS - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics
BATON ROUGE -- Following LSU's 17-16 victory over Florida on Saturday, the Southeastern Conference and its network television partners announced that the Oct. 14 contest between LSU and Auburn will kickoff at 2:30 p.m. CT on CBS.
LSU at Ole Miss to Kickoff at Night in Oxford - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics
BATON ROUGE -- LSU's Oct. 21 road game at Ole Miss will kickoff at either 6:15 or 6:30 p.m. CT, it was announced Monday by the Southeastern Conference and its network television partners.
Football's White Named SEC Player of the Week - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics
BATON ROUGE – LSU linebacker Devin White has been named the Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in the Tigers' 17-16 win over Florida on Saturday in Gainesville.