I thought I was down in the Bayou for a hurricane or something.
O starts off with some praise for the way the team handled the weather on Saturday, including the special teams work and the defensive stops on 4th down. 20 seniors will be honored on senior day. The typical praise for A&M, with an interesting nugget that A&M QB Nick Starkel grew up in Mandeville as a close fried of Orgeron’s own sons. Then it’s on to questions.
- A lot of this presser was getting O to give some quotes about the seniors for various profiles running between here and the game, so lets start on the D-Line
- Christian LaCouture - “We had to go at a home visit, had to rerecruit him. He was leaving last year. So glad he stayed and things have worked out. He's played 2 technique, played 3 technique. Had him at nose and now he's playing end. He's doing a tremendous job.”
- Greg Gilmore - “Greg didn't come to USC so I came to LSU so I could coach him. I tease him about that all the time. He's become a tremendous player, tremendous leader. We're happy for those guys.”
- Danny Etling - “when you would say Danny Etling to me, the first word that comes to my mind is trust. I trust him. Toughness. Giving us the best shot a player possibly can out there. And I'm happy for him.”
- Donte Jackson has apologized for flipping off the UT student section, will start on Saturday
- Coach O plans to have all committed recruits (a majority of this year’s class) sign at the December 20th signing day. Coaches will hit the road first thing Sunday morning to begin their recruiting visits.
- Corey Raymond is still disappointed in the effort from the DBs this week, that’ll be addressed in practice.
- Dave Aranda hasn’t left the building since the team arrived back home, wants to make a statement against A&M
- Ed Paris is going to get a medical redshirt and come back next year
- Coach O bluntly refuses to talk about John Chavis
- Jack Gonsoulin is the starting kicker this week
- INJURIES: Arden Key, Donnie Alexander: Questionable. KJ Malone: Very questionable (all three participated in the media open practice on Monday afternoon) Danny Etling: “small bruise”
- LSU will not be punting to Christian Kirk
- About Thanksgiving Dinner:
We had baked chicken on there and Coach Jenkins goes: Think we can give them fried chicken? I think Coach Pete wanted fried chicken. Got a nice dinner on Wednesday night and then Thursday morning we're going to meet at 9.00 a.m. We're going to practice at 11.00 a.m. and we'll be done by 1:00 p.m. Most of the players will go home with their families; and obviously the players that are from out of state, we'll set them up with some families on the team.
Q. Give them fried chicken?
COACH ORGERON: They got fried chicken. Fried chicken makes them happy, they get it.
Von Rosenberg SEC Special Teams Player of the Week - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics
BATON ROUGE – Redshirt freshman punter Zach Von Rosenberg has been named the Southeastern Conference Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance in LSU's 30-10 win over Tennessee on Saturday.