- LSU will open bowl prep for the Citrus Bowl on Tuesday — you really can’t underestimate how crucial the 15 practice sessions are for a program. Not so much this team, but for the 2018 group.
- Specifically, the younger backups and especially the redshirted players, who don’t generally get a lot of opportunity during the season. It’s a nice last impression for the coaches until spring practice.
- I’m very early in my scouting of Notre Dame, but at first glance, they look more talented, overall, than the Louisville team LSU played last year. There isn’t the obvious star power of a Lamar Jackson, but one to 22, a higher overall talent level.
- Especially at the line of scrimmage. This may be the best offensive line LSU’s seen all year. Certainly since Alabama.
- Brandon Wimbush is very rough as a passer.
- Love the Dominic Livingston pickup in recruiting. He’s a really nice depth pickup for the nose tackle position, and gives the coaches flexibility with other prospects like Chasen Hines and Dare Rosenthal, who will come in as defensive tackles but could possibly move over to the offensive line. By having Livingston in the pipeline behind Ed Alexander, Breiden Fehoko and Tyler Shelvin, there should be some numbers there for a while.
- Same deal with Badara Traore and Damien Lewis on the offensive line. Typically, you want a JUCO player to come right in and start, and maybe that happens here, but at a minimum it means there are some older, more developed options to compete with Garrett Brumfield, Ed Ingram and Saahdiq Charles.
- And of course, Traore could possibly slide right in at right tackle if Toby Weathersby decides to go pro early.
- Derrius Guice and Arden Key are almost certainly locks to bail for the NFL and both should be high picks. Donte Jackson will also likely get a high grade as well.
- Personally, I’m not as sure on Kevin Toliver, but most say he’s gone as well.
- Bourbon is definitely still delicious. Knob Creek Single Barrel in particular, should you have access to some.
Tell the Truth Monday: 12/11/2017
On Mondays, we tell the truth.