We’re three days from game week, and we’re eight days from game DAY.
And you know what that means, right?
Well listen up close, and I’ll tell you.
Are you listening?
I don’t think you’re listening because this is very important. So come closer.
It’s tailgating season.
Now if we’re known for one thing as LSU fans, it is our generosity of spirit. And we’re here, throughout the day, to do what we can to help your tailgate be the best version of itself. We’ll have articles on beer, fashion and other gameday accoutrements, but first, we’ll start off with, perhaps, the most important ingredient of a great tailgate: food.
Our recipe series has covered a wide range of food options, from fine dining through basic barbecue. Here, our gift to you on this day, our greatest tailgating hits over the years:
- Drunk Pigs In a Blanket: we had to have something deep-fried on this list. Smoked sausage stuffed in beignet dough seemed like a good place to start.
- Pulled-Pork Nachos: I don’t think I need to really describe this one any further, to be honest.
- Bacon-Wrapped, Stuffed Jalapenos: now you’re just showing off. And that’s a good thing.
- Boudin-Stuffed Cornbread: ain’t nothin’ wrong with that.
- Molasses-Braised Greens: these can be cooked on site or the night before, but if you bring them to your spread, you will instantly become every man’s envy and every woman’s desire. Just trust me.
- Smoked Mac-&-Cheese: you only live once.
- Carolina-Style Barbecue Sauce: for your smoked meat of choice.
- JAMBALAYATHAN: everybody knows jambalaya when it comes to tailgate food, and it’s a sure-fire way to feed a crowd and make ‘em happy. This, is jambalaya’s higher plane of existence. If you think you can handle it.
- Pastalaya Big Willy Style: pastalaya is just jambalaya with a change of clothes. The clothes being the method of carbohydrate delivery, in this case. This is my cousin’s recipe, and it is excellent.
- Barbecue Shrimp Pastalaya: using shellfish may be a little dicey in an outdoor circumstance, but this sauce is worth it.
- GUMBO GUMBO GUMBO: shout-out to the only joke Drew Magary has for Louisiana.
- Alligator Sauce Piquante: may or may not include Jim McElwain.