Blogs can’t create turnovers, so we turn our eyes forward. Last week is over. What positives can we draw moving forward?
- O isn’t dawdling on personnel changes. We’ve seen immense improvement in the kickoff game, where we now rank 11th nationally. If you count just Gamble’s kickoffs we’d rank 3rd nationally in avg. KO distance. His touchback percentage ranks in the top 30. Quality improvement.
- So too did the punting change yield immediate returns. We’ll wait and see what 27 year old Von Rosenberg can do, but he’s averaging nearly 5 additional yards on his punts thus far.
- The RB core suddenly looks deep again. Guice is banged up but Williams is a more than capable SEC starter and Brossette’s tough runs have to earn him a busier workload in the coming weeks.
- It took fifteen quarters for this team to commit their first turnover.
- Passing targets are emerging and LSU’s young WR core is starting to make plays. The Canada offense is taking shape.
- Devin White ranks 2nd in the SEC in tackles and top 20 in TFL. We expected him to turn the corner in 2017 and he’s jumped right into superstardom.
- The defense ranks 16th nationally in sacks with 12.0 and Arden Key only has .5 on the season.
- The overall quality of the conference is so down that it’s a good year to be ushering in a host of new starters.
- This guy had a great time in Louisiana.
- This is the last of the non-conference opponents. SEC play begins in earnest next weekend in Gainesville!
- Most of LSU’s issues look correctable.
- Our average margin of victory is over 3 TDs.
- We’re wearing purple on Saturday.
PURPLE— LSU Football Equip (@LSUFBEquipment) September 26, 2017
- Troy runs an uptempo spread attack similar to Syracuse, which should give our young defenders more quality classroom style learning.
- Since taking over, Coach O is undefeated in non-conference play.
- Bourbon is still delicious.
What about you? What positives are you seeing out there?