IT HAS RETURNED! THE SEASON OF PROGNOSTICATION IS UPON US!
Welcome once again to the 12th Annual ATVS Pick’em Challenge. Each week I, GLORIOUS CO-MANAGING EDITOR and ATVS SUPREME LACKEY PODKATT, will select a handful of games of national importance, and sometimes a random ULM game, and you dear reader will test your wits and skill against the dozens (AND DOZENS) of your fellow readers. Each week the best picker will win the most coveted prize on these here Internets: THE ATVS KOOZIE OF POWAH! This
rare, high-quality,hand-crafted trinket is not available in any store and is a true sign that you, the reader of this blog, are a man or woman of discerning internet sports takes. At the end of the year, the player with the overall most points will win the MYSTERY GRAND PRIZE OF INDETERMINATE QUALITY AND VALUE (probably some socks, BUT WHO KNOWS?!).
Sign up is simple. Click on THIS LINK and sign up for an account at funofficepools.com when prompted, the password is “geaux”. Picks will generally be ready every Monday night. DO NOT MAKE PICKS until this post goes up each week. Some 62 of you got the signup email last week and already made picks. Those picks are no longer complete, so you’ll need to go back and make some adjustments. As is tradition, picks are against the provided spread (I don’t care if your bookie has something different) and the tiebreaker will be the score of the LSU game. Picks for each game are not locked in until each individual kickoff, so if somebody decides to get into a barfight on Friday night, make sure you come back and correct your picks.
Now it’s time for the PICKS OF THE WEEK.
- YOU DONT JUST WALK INTO ROSS-ADE STADIUM ON A THURSDAY NIGHT AND EXPECT A VICTORY
- SLU probably exposes a bad ULM team
- LOL Greenies lost to WAKE
- Wanted to take Army, but this is exaclty the kind of low key win Cutcliffe gets with DUKE every year.
- 37 1⁄2 is too huge of a spread for anyone but Bama,, so give me the BEAVERS, but in the end, we all lose in this game.
- TEXAS BACK (against interim coach Matt Canada)
- SHARKS CAN’T SWIM ON MARS, LUBBOCK FOREVER!
- I secretly think Auburn’s gonna be crap this year, so gimmie UDUB
- COUNTRY ROADS
- I don’t know why this game is on here. CAL I guess?
- I have to pick which team winning would be less insufferable. Gimmie Notre Dame, because watching the Michigan fanbase meltdown will be worth it. And Notre Dame will lose somewhere else anyway.
- VANDY, but just barely
- BAMA, no spread is too high
- SHINE ON YOU MIDNIGHT RAINBOWS
- FSU over Va Tech, but I’m not confident.