Sandwiched in the middle of two massive LSU home games is a trip to Mississippi State. To make sure you’re all caught up on what’s going on in Starkville we spoke to Collin Wilmes of For Whom The Cowbell Tolls.
Y’all... give State fans some hugs.
1. Mississippi State is coming off a 10-point loss to Tennessee. Will the players be allowed to show their faces Saturday?
Things are pretty bad in Starkville, but I think majority of the fans put this on Joe Moorhead and not the players. Fans know that there are talented players on this team, so I think they continue to support them. Nothing good will come from Moorhead showing his face, however.
2. Has Garrett Shrader landed from that hit against Kansas State yet?
Shrader is a tough football player. He played with a bad foot last week. Moorhead is finally giving him the keys. so hopefully he shows what he can do this week.
3. Believe it or not, this is the first time in the lengthy LSU-Mississippi State rivalry that the matchup has been selected for CBS’ “prime-time” (?) slot. Why did they wait for this year when there have been plenty of other Good MSU vs. Bad LSU matchups they could’ve picked?
This LSU team is great. This Mississippi State team is...not so great. I guess CBS sees this as an opportunity to showcase a high-powered offense against a team that gave up 56 to Auburn. See if you can top that, LSU.
4. Which LSU player do State fans hope gets a bullshit targeting penalty called on him this year?
Derek Stingley Jr. or Grant Delpit.....or both. We need some help from the refs.
5. Sure you lost to Tennessee last week, but is there any consolation that you still somehow weren’t the SEC’s most embarrassing Bulldog on Saturday?
I don’t think we have any room to talk. Fromm passed for more yards than we compiled of total offense, so I’m going to pass on this one.