Before the season, we kindly asked you to participate in SB Nation’s FanPulse weekly rankings. This is basically a poll voted on by you, the fans, instead of stuffy old sportswriters, which allows for more insight into how the common fan feels about the current season.
The Mothership is in meetings this week so we don’t have the pretty graphics card for you, but 100% of LSU fans participating in the survey said that they were confident in the direction the program is in. This is the fourth time this year that the results have come back completely positive.
Of note: 82.6% of Auburn fans responded with confidence, way up from 63.2 last week.
- LSU holds firm at second, still slotted behind Alabama.
- Wisconsin drops from sixth to 12th, but Auburn holds firm at eighth.
- Last week Boise was hard-capped at 13. With the loss they fall all the way to 22nd, with SMU taking their place.
- Minnesota and Baylor, two undefeated P5 teams, are slotted at 14th and 17th.
- The Minnesota blog voted the Gophers 12th and the Baylor blog voted the Bears 11th, for what that’s worth.
- Two-loss Michigan hangs on to their Top 25 status by a hair.
- Curiously, enough. Roll Bama Roll AND College and Mag voted LSU #1. So did Alligator Army, Burnt Orange Nation, and Dawg Nation.
- Blogs that didn’t vote LSU in the top two: Florida State, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Michigan State, Nebraska, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin,
- Blogs that didn’t vote LSU in the playoff four: Washington State. What the hell, guys. I thought y’all were cool.
Here’s how y’all voted:
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- Notre Dame
- App State
- Wake Forest
- Arizona State
- Boise State
- San Diego State
- Memphis (6-1)
Here are what the readers of SB Nation’s array of sites are most excited for this weekend:
- 38.9%: Auburn at LSU
- 34%: Wisconsin at Ohio State
- 13.7%: Notre Dame at Michigan
- 5.5%: North Dakota State at South Dakota State
- 4.5%: Washington State at Oregon
- 3.5%: Penn State at Michigan State