Before the season, we kindly asked you to participate in SB Nation’s FanPulse weekly rankings. This is basically a poll voted on by you, the fans, instead of stuffy old sportswriters, which allows for more insight into how the common fan feels about the current season.
Confidence among LSU fans is back to 100 for the first time since the Texas game. I’m pretty sure the nexus of that is the defense keeping the prolific Utah State offense out of the endzone until garbage time.
- Alabama remains at the top of the rankings, and LSU holds firm at the number five spot.
- Florida only moves up one spot while Auburn tumbles from 7th down to 12th. Outside of that, everything is as it was in the top 10.
- Texas A&M falls again, this time to the doorstep of 25 after a bye.
- Teams that voted LSU in the top four: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, you, Ohio State, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia Tech.
- Everybody else slotted LSU at 5 or 6.
Here is how you voted:
- Ohio State
- Notre Dame
- Penn State
- Boise State
- Arizona State
- Wake Forest
- Oklahoma State
- Texas A&M
Red River beat out Florida-LSU for the game the college football community is most excited about, which on hand is somewhat valid, but I can’t help but feel like there’s some brand recognition at work here. Either that or they think LSU will thrash the Gators, which is also valid.