Hello. This is later than usual, but I’ve been swamped with work this week. Because it’s coming out so late, we’re going to go no huddle throughout the slate. I’m going to list every game and give at least one reason to watch the game, no contextual deep dives. Y’all ready? Okay good.
Life On Mars? Shift
- Tulane-Temple: A meeting of two teams who a month ago were bullish on their standing in the AAC who have since faded away. Who can right the ship and avoid the cellar?
- TCU-Texas Tech: Both teams essentially need this win to go bowling.
- Florida-Missouri: Florida enters as a touchdown favorite. Can Mizzou get a bounce and spring an upset?
- Michigan State-Michigan: Things haven’t been going well for “little brother”, although Michigan isn’t all sunshine and roses either. Can the Spartans play spoiler again?
- Indiana-Penn State: For #9WINDIANA to become a thing, they need to pick up a game against the Nittany Lions or the Wolverines, and the odds aren’t terrible this week.
- Navy-Notre Dame: Navy plays a type of offense that limits possessions scoring opportunities and we know the Fighting Irish don’t particularly have a lethal offense.
Oldest Rivalry, Longest Ride Shift
- Georgia-Auburn: Dating back to the Prayer at Jordan-Hare Georgia has dominated this rivalry, with Auburn winning the first of the two meetings in 2017. Auburn has the defense to bottle up the Bulldogs, but can Bo Nix get it done?
- Texas-Iowa State: One of the more low-key petty yearly meetings, the Cyclones are dangerous with Brock Purdy at the wheel and the Longhorns defense is...vulnerable.
- Minnesota-Iowa: How do the Gophers deal with the success of last week heading into a classic trap game situation.
- Wyoming-Utah State: We start to run out of good #content on this shift, but this one should be a pretty good game throughout between two even teams.
- Syracuse-Duke: This might be a chance for to Orange to get their first and possibly last win in conference play. Inversely, Duke probably needs this win for bowling reasons.
YO PIERRE YOU WANNA COME OUT HERE? Shift
- LSU-Ole Miss: Like you need a reason.
- Oklahoma-Baylor: Last week we put Minnesota up to the light to see if their unbeaten record was fraudulent or not. This week, it’s Baylor’s turn under the microscope.
- Louisville-NC State: This game is projected to be a toss-up, exactly 50% expected win probability both ways.
- South Carolina-Texas A&M: How many losses can Will Muschamp survive after the Georgia win? If he doesn’t want to find out, he should at least keep it close here.
- Arizona State-Oregon State: Believe it or not, but the Beavers have been having a quietly good year, at least to their standards. They might miss out on a bowl, but we might hear from them again later...
Chicken On A Stick Shift
- USC-Cal: Both teams have had super weird years, and there isn’t an outcome here that can surprise me at all, really.
- Arizona-Oregon: For Oregon, it’s all about avoiding traps until the PAC-12 title game. Can Kevin Sumlin essential save his job with a monumental upset?
- New Mexico-Boise State: Y’all wanna see a dead body?