1. And then they were one.
Ohio State got its biggest win of the year defeating Penn State at home 28-17. The Buckeyes jumped out to a 21-0 lead on the Nittany Lions thanks in part to James Franklin punting twice inside Buckeye territory in the first half. PSU made it something of a game scoring 17 points in the third quarter, though it proved to be not enough.
2. Should have gone to Arizona State
Herm Edwards threw a wrench...er check that, a fork into the Pac-12 title picture, topping Oregon 31-28. Sparky withstood 21 fourth quarter Oregon points, but responded with 18 points of their own to all but eliminate the Ducks from a CFB playoff appearance.
3. Here come the Mids
In a bounce back effort following a big loss to Notre Dame, Navy picked up a win over SMU, moving them into second place in the AAC west conference. The Mids trailed 21-10 at the half, but scored 24 second half points. With the win, Navy can win a spot in the AAC title game with a win and Memphis loss.
1. It’s all about the FIU
Miami and FIU played for a battle of Miami in Marlins Park, and the game was about as ugly as the baseball team that plays there. Led by former UM coach Butch Davis, FIU topped the Hurricanes 30-24, never trailing. The Panther defense forced three turnovers in the win.
2. Missouri Mess
Recent sanctions aside, Mizzou has been a mess in conference play. Following their latest home loss, 24-20 to Tennessee, the Tigers have lost five straight in conference play. Missouri’s offense was particularly bad with just 280 yards of total offense.
3. Low Tide
Things were looking bright down at Tulane just a few weeks back at 5-1. Since then, things have gotten rough. The latest lost to UCF, 34-31, is the second straight loss suffered by the Wave and is the fourth loss in five games.
Minnesota sophomore WR Rashod Bateman is a star. One of the best playmakers in contested catch situations. pic.twitter.com/bRoJVUHkIY— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) November 23, 2019
Wow ! 2ème TD en 2 semaines pour TE Brayden Willis qui permet aux Sooners de doubler la mise au prix d'un superbe effort !— TBP College Football (@thebluepennant) November 24, 2019
Oklahoma 14, TCU 0pic.twitter.com/bcExeH9JTs
- One of the hottest teams in the nation? The Rice Owls, who won their second straight, which was also their second win overall this season.
- The 49ers of Charlotte are going bowling for the first time in program history following a 24-13 win over Marshall.
- As the conference title game picture takes shape, more clarity has emerged in the AAC. With their 15-13 win over Temple, Cincinnati secured a berth in the AAC Championship game.
- Both UVA and Virginia Tech won, setting up a Commonwealth Clash where the winner will get Clemson in the ACC title game. Virginia has not beaten Virginia Tech since 2003.
- Utah, the other Pac-12 team with a shot at making the playoff, handled business routing Arizona 35-7.
- Another team to punch their ticket to a conference title game, Hawaii. With their 14-11 win over San Diego State, the Rainbow Warriors are set to face Boise State for the Mountain West Championship.