Before the season, we kindly asked you to participate in SB Nation’s FanPulse weekly rankings. This is basically a poll voted on your, the fans, instead of stuffy old sportswriters, which allows for more insight into how the common fan feels about the current season.
First, the fan confidence poll. Defense notwithstanding, y’all are VERY confident with the direction of the team, and justifiably so.
Before the season the fans were understandably bullish on the Tigers, but after last weekend the Tigers are a near-unanimous top five team. You can view the results here and view the composite Top 25 below:
- The top two are, as you’d imagine, pretty much locked into some combination of Clemson and Alabama, with one notable exception.
- Blogs who voted LSU #3: ATVS, Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Texas. What an odd collection of blogs to vote LSU #3.
- Blogs who voted LSU #4: Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Underdog Dynasty, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, TCU, Vanderbilt, West Virginia.
- Blogs who voted LSU #5: Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, NC State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington State, Wisconsin.
- Blogs who voted LSU #6: Boston College, Northwestern, Syracuse, UCLA, Wake Forest. Damn y’all, what did LSU ever do to you?
- Blogs who voted LSU #2: Virginia Tech. Gobbler Country...........hello.
- After Clemson-Bama-LSU, y’all voted the other Perceived Contenders in this order: Georgia 4, Oklahoma 5, Ohio State 6. Interestingly enough, the readers of ATVS (you) put Florida 6.
- Other interesting ATVS votes: Auburn 9, Texas 11, A&M 14, Mississippi State 24.
The full ATVS Top 25:
- Ohio State
- Notre Dame
- Penn State
- Texas A&M
- Michigan State
- Iowa State
- Washington State
- Mississippi State
- Boise State