Garbage Time Shift
- Buffalo-Bowling Green: So Tuesday night in all likelihood won’t produce some good MACtion given how both games are between 2-0 and 0-2 teams. In this game, the Bulls are favored by 30....
- Akron-Kent State: ...and in this one, the Golden Flashes are favored by 35. But this is the MAC after all, and anything could legitimately happen.
Directional Michigan II Shift
- Western Michigan-Central Michigan: Western and Central both roll into Wednesday night undefeated and on pretty equal footing. Both teams had a blowout and close win, with the Chippewas opening their season with a tight 30-27 win over Ohio and the Broncos beating Toledo with a game-winning fake spike touchdown.
- Toledo-Eastern Michigan: This one might not be as great as WMU-CMU could be, but this might be a solid one just the same as the Eagles try for their first win of the year over the 1-1 Rockets.
- NIU-Ball State: And this one might be just as solid. NIU’s defense has allowed 49 and 40 points so far this season, but to the two teams that look to be the best teams in the conference. For as bad as Tuesday night will likely be, Wednesday night redeems it.
Gulf Weather Disaster Shift
- Tulane-Tulsa: The Green Wave travel to Oklahoma to play the Golden Hurricane in a mascot matchup that gives a real 2012 vibe. As for the actual game, Tulsa is a very sneaky 4-1 and ranked in the top 25, with their lone loss being a very close week one defeat to Oklahoma State. But Tulane has won three games on the trot and scored 38 in all three.
- Utah State-Wyoming: Utah State is going through some things, this will probably not go over well.
Friday P-M Lights Shift
- Purdue-Minnesota: So far, the BIG Friday night games haven’t quite been a rousing success, but I think this game might change things. I’m not sure what Minnesota is this year, but until last week they’ve been highly entertaining and we love Brohm’s Boilermakers here at ATVS, so this is a must-watch for Friday night. Bonus fun fact: Purdue has yet to win at TCF Bank Stadium. The dramatic gopher has them shook.
- Syracuse-llvll: Oof, not really a sexy matchup here. The Cardinals are definitely in the midst of a rebuild but they have a strong chance to get a proper blowout here. As much juice as Dino brought to Syracuse, it’s pretty much been depleted by now. Hopefully we see some kind of a second wind from the Orange.
- UMass-FAU: UMass is going through some things, this will probably not go over well.
- New Mexico-Air Force: The Lobos head to Colorado Springs in search of their first win of the year, and they have a shot at it. AF has had COVID issues for two weeks now, with their games at Army and Wyoming getting bang. Who really knows how will affect the team’s play given the other circumstances service academies have to deal with.