Saturday night LSU returns to the field fresh off a dramatic 27-24 win over the Arkansas Razorbacks. In LSU’s way, are the Texas A&M Aggies, fresh off a shiny new No. 5 ranking in the initial College Football Playoff Poll.
The last time LSU and Texas A&M played in College Station, well...some shenanigans happened. To preview Saturday night’s game against what is allegedly the fifth best team in college football is Rush Roberts from our very good friends at Good Bull Hunting.
1) LSU only does one thing well defensively and that’s sack quarterbacks, but A&M’s only allowed two sacks all year. It’s strength vs. strength, can LSU get after Kellen Mond?
On the one hand, the OL is playing the best it ever has under Jimbo and didn’t even allow a sack to Alabama. On the other hand, they haven’t played in almost a month. Toss-up!
2) A&M, like LSU last week, hasn’t played in a few weeks, are there any concerns for a sluggish start?
We are always concerned about a sluggish start. It’s one of our trademarks.
3) Coming into the season, 2020 felt like a now or never type of year for Jimbo. A&M had a hellish schedule last year, playing Clemson and Georgia on top of the annual Alabama and LSU games. They came up short against Alabama, but has Jimbo and his team met expectations?
This year? Yes. The team is not only winning, but winning with tough defense and a solid run game while executing well. This team has been humming since the Bama loss.
4) How excited are the good people at GBH to see Kellen Mond and company go up against Bo Pelini’s “defense”?
Pretty excited, although the last time Bo was in town it ended up being a game with five field goals and no touchdowns.
5) Finally who does Kevin Faulk fight this year?
A drunk fan refusing to wear a mask.