Coronavirus has thrown the 2020 college football season out of whack. The SEC and Big 12 are playing conference-only schedules; the ACC is playing 10 conference games and one non-conference game; the Big 10, Pac 12, MAC and several other smaller conferences aren’t playing at all and are hoping for a spring football season.
While there’s a billion questions surrounding the college football season, the NFL seems committed to playing a 2020 season. The NFL isn’t immune to COVID, however, and the league had to cancel all preseason games. Despite that, teams have been in camp for about a month now, and the season is still scheduled to kickoff in 18 days when the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs host the Houston Texans.
LSU will be well represented in the NFL. Last year LSU had 32 players on rosters, the fifth most amount among colleges. That number will only increase after the 2019 team had a record 14 players selected in April’s draft.
Four former Tigers—Morris Claiborne, Tyrann Mathieu, Spencer Ware, Darrel Williams— earned Super Bowl rings last year with the Chiefs.
Two former players were involved in trades: Jamal Adams got his trade wishes fulfilled and was dealt from the New York Jets to the Seattle Seahawks last month, while Trai Turner was sent from the Carolina Panthers to the Los Angeles Chargers in March.
Below is a list of all the former LSU football players on NFL rosters as of August 18:
- Arizona Cardinals: Rashard Lawrence, Patrick Peterson
- Atlanta Falcons: Russell Gage, Deion Jones
- Baltimore Ravens: Patrick Queen
- Buffalo Bills: Blake Ferguson, Corey Thompson, Tre’Davious White
- Carolina Panthers: Dillon Gordon, Donte Jackson, Eric Reid
- Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow
- Chicago Bears: Barkevious Mingo, Kevin Toliver, Badara Traore
- Cleveland Browns: Odell Beckham Jr., Grant Delpit, Jarvis Landry, Jacob Phillips, Greedy Williams
- Dallas Cowboys: La’el Collins
- Denver Broncos: Lloyd Cushenberry
- Detroit Lions: Frank Herron
- Houston Texans: Jerald Hawkins
- Kansas City Chiefs: Morris Claiborne, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Tyrann Mathieu
- Los Angeles Chargers: Breiden Fehoko, Trai Turner
- Los Angeles Rams: Michael Brockers
- Las Vegas Raiders: Arden Key, Foster Moreau
- Jacksonville Jaguars: K’Lavon Chaisson, DJ Chark, Leonard Fournette, Al Woods*
*Note: Woods opted out of playing this season but still remains on the Jaguars roster
- Miami Dolphins: Davon Godchaux, Blake Ferguson
- Minnesota Vikings: Danielle Hunter, Justin Jefferson
- New England Patriots: Tashawn Bower
- New Orleans Saints: Will Clapp
- New York Giants: Derrick Dillon, Russell Shepard
- Philadelphia Eagles: Jalen Mills, Duke Riley
- Pittsburgh Steelers: John Battle
- San Francisco 49ers: Kwon Alexander
- Seattle Seahawks: Jamal Adams, Danny Etling, Damien Lewis, Ethan Pocic, Stephen Sullivan
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Michael Divinity Jr., Kevin Minter, Devin White
- Tennessee Titans: Kristian Fulton
- Washington Football Team: Saahdiq Charles