This year, the SEC blogs of SB Nation will be voting in an SEC Baseball Power Poll managed by Miss St. blog For Whom The Cowbell Tolls. Poseur and I are the voting representatives for ATVS and each week we will share our ballots for your compliments and criticism.
NOTE: Ballots are cast on Mondays
- South Carolina – Allowed 11 runs this weekend, three more than they had allowed all month so far. Clearly slipping.
- Vanderbilt – The only thing keeping from the top spot is the other worldly performance of USC
- Ole Miss – It’s hard to downgrade the Rebels for actually taking one game off of the Gamecocks
- LSU – Either Vandy is really good, or LSU is in some deep doggy doo doo
- Tennessee – Sure, it’s just Mizzou, but the Vols still boast a gaudy record
- Florida – Struggling to score runs, but seems like 3 runs will usually get them the W
- Alabama – Have effectively put the ULL series in the rearview mirror… or they just want to forget.
- Mississippi State – That was step one in getting us all to forget their horrible OOC start, but it was just Georgia
- Kentucky – 2 outs away from being tied for first in the division
- Auburn – Still impossible to get a read on
- Texas A&M – It only counts as one win, but 9-0 is the way to show that maybe they should’ve won the series.
- Arkansas – Played well, but need to turn good play into good results
- Mizzou – Not completely hopeless
- Georiga – Not by themselves in dead last. Yet.
- South Carolina - a blip on a monster resume. Are we sure Tanner stopped coaching this team?
- Vandy - Not invincible, but damn close
- LSU - Vandy's got a better pitching staff than the Astros. At least we got one on Beede.
- Ole Miss - Got one off USC on Friday and quite nearly pulled off the series.
- Alabama - Deserves more respect for taking the series from an underrated UK team
- Tennessee - things were going so well, then you crater in the first week of SEC play?
- Kentucky - Assuming the bats wake back up, will make the East a hard race to call
- Miss St. - Might be getting back on track
- Florida - A series win is a series win, but the Gators still have issues
- Auburn - SEC beginners luck or is A&M going to be really bad this year?
- Arkansas - I just can't figure out what's wrong with the Hogs this season. Going to be a long year.
- Mizzou - VICTORY! IN THE DIVISION!
- Texas A&M - Horribly inconsistent offense is going to kill them
- Georgia - Won't go winless in the SEC. And Hey, at least they beat Georgia Tech this year