This year, the SEC blogs of SB Nation will be voting in an SEC Baseball Power Poll managed by Miss St. blog For Whom The Cowbell Tolls. Poseur and I are the voting representatives for ATVS and each week we will share our ballots for your compliments and criticism.
NOTE: Ballots are cast on Mondays
- South Carolina – It came crashing down hard, but someone’s got to be in the top spot.
- Ole Miss – they can’t be the best team in the West, can they?
- Vandy – That was a prank, right?
- Mississippi State – Not talking about the OOC struggles now, are we?
- Kentucky – Beat USC, could be awesome.
- LSU – Leads the SEC in batting average, proving BA is a worthless stat
- Auburn – Ended Tennessee’s brief run of quality baseball
- Texas A&M – I’m just guessing at this point in the ballot
- Florida – I’ve been a big believer in the Gators, but that was discouraging
- Bama – One of 8 teams at 500 in conference play. Eight. I'm just randomly listing teams.
- Arkansas – Well, they lost to Bama, so why not?
- Tennessee – Salvaged the series, but man… the SEC is deadlocked right now
- Georgia – Will count forcing a tie on the travel day as a win.
- Mizzou – Well, at least one ranking was easy.
- South Carolina - prevented a sweep, but Friday issues continue
- Vandy - Where the hell was this bad pitching staff last weekend?
- LSU - 2 wins and a tie hide growing batting issues.
- Ole Miss - Swept Mizzou at home. may as well have taken the week off.
- Kentucky - You can always count on the bats at The Cliff, but can they do it on the road?
- Miss St. - EGADS, what the hell is in the left field smoke?
- Alabama - If you're going to be a true contender, you can't drop a series at a down Arkansas
- Auburn - Another good win, has Golloway righted the ship?
- Tennessee - The fall from grace continues, but there might not be shame in an Auburn loss this year
- Arkansas - Nice bounce back, but more is needed
- Georgia - Nearly won a pitching battle with LSU. Beware all who do not respect those arms.
- Florida - A&M is not good, neither are the Gators
- Texas A&M - Horribly inconsistent offense is going to kill them
- Mizzou - Is not winless in their division. That's about it.